Shine API Service License Terms and Conditions
Solaria Labs makes these APIs and related data (collectively, the “Shine API Services”) available to registered account holders. By registering for an account (your “Shine API Account”) and by using the Shine API Services you are agreeing that your use of the Shine API Services is governed by and subject to these License terms and conditions (the “License Agreement”). Please read this License Agreement carefully before registering for a Shine API Account. We may modify the License Agreement from time to time, and we encourage you to review the License periodically. Your use of the Shine API Services after we modify the license indicates your acceptance of the modified License Agreement.
License Grant; License Requirements; Attribution
Upon successful registration of your Shine API Account, Solaria Labs grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, royalty-free license to use the Shine API Services for one or more Properties (defined below), as set forth in this License Agreement. (If you wish to use Shine API Services for something other than a Property, please contact us to discuss.) Any data provided through the Shine API Services must be presented as provided. You may not modify a Shine API Service score in any way. Further, any Shine API Service score must be shown independently, and cannot be averaged or combined with other data or scores. Shine API Service scores may not be used an input into any data model or algorithm.
These licenses terminate if you violate any of the terms of this License Agreement.
To use the Shine API Services, you must do the following:
- While you use or store any user’s data obtained through the Shine API Services, you must provide a reasonable, fast, no-charge mechanism for that user to export a copy of that data to other services or applications.
- You must allow search engines to crawl the links pointing from any of your websites, webpages, databases, or apps that you create or host that use or incorporate the Shine API Services (collectively, your “Properties”) to Solaria Labs.
For each of your Properties, you must place the following attribution on the same page where the data or score provided through the Shine API Services is shown:
[Your Property name] powered by Shine APIs
Individual Shine API Services may have additional conditions or restrictions which you must comply with. For example, there may be limits on the number of calls to the Shine API Service. These additional conditions or restrictions will be shown in the information about those Shine API Services, and are incorporated into this License Agreement by reference.
You and your end users are prohibited from:
- Using the Shine API Services in connection with any unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or pornographic purpose or material, including any use prohibited by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Using the Shine API Services in any way that would infringe any copyright or would violate the personal or proprietary rights of any third party, or contains the confidential information of any third party.
- Using the Shine API Services in connection with, or to process or store any data that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations maintained by the U.S. Department of State.
- Sublicensing a Shine API Service for use by a third party, nor may you create any API client that has substantially the same functionality as a Shine API Service and offer it for use by third parties.
- Performing an action with the intent of introducing to Solaria Labs or the Shine API Services any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, malware, or any items of a destructive nature.
- Interfere with or disrupt the Shine API Services or any servers or networks providing the Shine API Services.
- Using the Shine API Services to promote or facilitate disruptive commercial messages or advertisements.
- Using the Shine API Services as, or to provide, a smart contract oracle without Solaria Labs’ express written permission.
- Reverse engineering or attempting to extract the source code from any Shine API Service, except to the extent that this restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
- Using the Shine API Services for any activities where the use or failure of the APIs could lead to death, personal injury, or environmental damage (such as the operation of nuclear facilities, air traffic control, or life support systems).
In addition, you and your end users are also prohibited from using the Shine API Services, or making them available for use: (a) as a factor in establishing an individual’s eligibility for credit or insurance, (b) in evaluating an individual for employment purposes; (c) in connection with a determination of an individual’s eligibility for a license or other benefit granted by a governmental authority, (d) in a way that would cause the Product to constitute a “consumer report” under the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq., or (e) in any other manner that would cause such use of the Shine API Service to be construed as a consumer report by any authority having jurisdiction over any of the parties.
Other Use Restrictions and Conditions
Data may be requested through Shine API Services on a transactional basis only. You agree that neither you nor your end users will access Shine API Services on a bulk or batch basis.
Solaria Labs may monitor use of the Shine API Services to verify your and your end users’ compliance with these terms, to improve the Shine API Services or develop new Shine API Services, and to monitor and enhance the quality of the Shine API Services. This may include Solaria Labs accessing and using your Property, for example to identify security issues that could affect Solaria Labs or other users of Shine API Services. You will not interfere with this monitoring. Solaria Labs may use any technical means to overcome such interference.
Solaria Labs reserves the right to suspend, deactivate or terminate your account and this License Agreement and the licenses granted hereunder for any reason or no reason at all, without prior notice, and we may block you from setting up another account after suspension or deactivation. Any cancellation, suspension or termination of your account will not affect your obligations and our rights under this License Agreement, which will survive any termination. Upon any termination of this License Agreement, you shall promptly delete and remove all calls to the Shine API Services from all web pages, scripts, widgets, applications, and other software in your possession or under your control.
The Shine API Services may contain data from third parties. Your use of that data is subject to any restrictions or obligations imposed by those third parties.
License from You and Your End Users. You and your end users may be able to submit content through the Shine API Services. For the sole purpose of enabling Solaria Labs to provide, secure, and improve the Shine API Services (and the related service(s)), you give Solaria Labs a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to Use content submitted, posted, or displayed to or from the Shine API Services through your Property. "Use" means use, host, store, modify, communicate, and publish. By submitting content to the Shine API Services through your Property, you warrant that you have the necessary rights (including the necessary rights from your end users) to grant us the license.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE SHINE API SERVICES AND ALL RELATED SERVICES AND DATA ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND SOLARIA LABS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGES THAT SOLARIA LABS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SHINE API SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF SOLARIA LABS, OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, AND SUPPLIERS, EXCEED $500.00. IN NO EVENT SHALL SOLARIA LABS, OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, AND SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SHINE API SERVICES, AND/OR FOR LOSS OF DATA, CONTENT, IMAGES, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THESE TERMS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCESSING OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SHINE API SERVICES REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, EVEN IF THE PARTY FROM WHICH DAMAGES ARE BEING SOUGHT OR THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDER HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Solaria Labs, and its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from all losses, liabilities, fines, damages, liens, and claims, and all related costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and disbursements and costs of investigation, litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising from your use of the Shine API Services in violation of this License Agreement.
Use of the Shine API Services, and the interpretation and construction of this License Agreement, will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
If any provision of this License Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed to reflect the intentions of the invalid or unenforceable provision(s), with all other provisions remaining in full force and effect.
This License Agreement represents the parties' entire understanding relating to the use of the Shine API Services and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous, conflicting or additional, communications.
Need to contact us? Send an email to ShineAPI_General@SolariaLabs.com.
Last revised date: August 25, 2017